Thursday, March 18, 2010

Branchmoor Blues




BEANS won't let me decorate!!! Ok so we've been in our home since May 2009 and I went through a really LAZY period during the wedding planning stage where I didn't want to spend money on the house at all. I wanted to devote all of my dollars to the wedding. We had a bare house for our July 4th cookout(couch and small dining room set) but when it came time for our friends and family to come visit again (pre-wedding), Beans was set on having something to show. So we got a few things: a nice clock from my previous apartment, a few wall frames and shelves. The big design highlight came from my idea to piece together 8 hexagon-shaped mirrors that were given to me by a friend and co-worker--- THANKS APRIL! April used the mirrors for centerpieces for candles during her wedding; since I had more than 8 tables, I decided to put them to use elsewhere.

So now, 4 months post wedding drama and I would LOVE to get some things going. I want it to feel like HOME...I have all of these crafty ideas, but he doesn't really have faith in me. I guess because my attempt at DIY wedding invitations went so horribly! really horribly...
I visited a few flea markets and found some great furniture that I could add my own flare to, but Beans doesn't agree. His thought: why would you want someone else's furniture? DUH-- because they don't want it anymore and NEW furniture is SO expensive. He's super-frugal.... So I guess I'll just have to shock him. I'll just buy it when he's not looking and hope he doesn't freak out.

A few weeks ago I bought three art frames for our bedroom wall and two nightstand lamps. I hope they're still doing okay in my trunk....

No comments:

Post a Comment